Sunday 28 July 2013

Pigeon Whole Bakers

Location: 138 Hopkins Street, Moonah
Opening hours: Sunday's 9am till 1pm

Mumma Review

After seeing a pic on Instagram yesterday of some amazing looking local donuts I had to find out where they were from....and with a quick click of the phone I discovered they were from Pigeon Hole Bakers - the bakery wing of the popular Pigeon Hole Cafe.  Located on Hopkins Street Moonah the Pigeon Hole Bakers open their doors (albeit 'hole in the wall' shop front) every Sunday from 9am till 1pm so the general public can consume delicious amounts of fresh bread and a small amount of baked treats......namely their amazing donuts :) 

With a baby almost due I had to get myself there this morning and now wish I had of purchased every donut in sight!!  This morning they had raspberry jam filled donuts; strawberry or hazelnut chocolate-filled donuts - each for $3.50.  I couldn't resist the traditional raspberry filled donut but will defiantly be returning for a hazelnut-choc filled one :)   The owe so doughie donut was amazing as too was the sweet yet not sickening home-made raspberry jam inside.  A true little delight.

Along with their donuts they also sell their delicious bread.....various loafs of sourdough; baguettes or fruit and nut loafs which are available at either their Cafe in West Hobart or at various stores around town.  Today I purchased a loaf of ciabatta which was inhaled at lunch time by my growing family :)   

Pigeon Hole Bakers is certainly a great little find located in the residential streets of Moonah......perfect for a Sunday trip out with the kids to gather some delicious weekend goodies :)

Love Mumma Al xx



1 comment:

  1. Hi I was wondering if you could tell me where the most child unfriendly café is, I would like to make it my regular. It’s hard to discuss international politics and philosophy while the little people make odd loud noises and spill their baby chino nearby

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your thoughts :) Love Mumma Al & Mumma Kel xx